There are 3 sections to this paper…
Need Annotated Bibliography by This weekend
Outline by 2 weeks..
Finaly in 4 weeks
You are required to write a detailed paper on a topic in venture capital. You can pick any topic from the list below that you like. You can also choose your own topic, but you must get approval from your professor.
- Develop a detailed history of venture capital and the impact it has had in the United States since World War II. Discuss how VC firms workâ€”the size of the industry, the major players, and so forth.
- Develop a detailed history of global venture capital firms and the impact they have had internationally since World War II. Discuss how VC firms workâ€”the size of the industry, the major players, and so forth.
- Discuss the impact of either the Internet Bubble in the early 2000s and/or the 2008â€“2009 fiscal crisis on venture capital. What changes have been made? How have they affected current issues in venture funding? What are some ways that VC firms are protecting themselves?
- How do you get funded? Write a research paper that is a guideline that details best practices and advice on how to get your idea and business funded.
- Venture capital and private equity careers. Write a paper that discusses the various careers in the investment space. What is required academically? What experience do you need? Is this a space that is growing?
The topics listed above are all interesting and relevant. Be sure that you think of various questions that your research paper is asking and develop a well-written and well-researched paper. You should have many citations throughout your 10â€“15 pages that demonstrate a deep understanding of the subject. Please note the questions that are listed above are just samples, and you can ask and answer other questions for your paper.
Please get started as soon as possible, because your first deliverable is due in Week 3.
- An annotated bibliography is a summary of your research. In Week 3, you should have all of your research completed so that you can begin to write. You are required to have at least 10 outside sources (peer-reviewed sources) for your report.
- You will list in APA format all of your research sources, and then write a short summary of each article and how you plan to use it in your paper. A simple paragraph per source will be sufficient.
- If you are unaware of what an annotated bibliography is, there are many online resources available to assist you.
- Please note: The items on your bibliography are meant to be part of your Final Paper. Please be sure to cite relevant research.
StyleBaker, T. (1995). Gun Control and You.
Stevenson Learning Law Review
- The author researches several federal and state firearms regulations and their
effects on the everyday citizen. By testing his hypothesis that firearms
regulations have an inherent effect on everyday citizens, findings yield in
support of the hypothesis. In contrast, Baker cited in an earlier study the
complete opposite findings. I will utilize this research to develop a basis for my
argument for gun control.
- After you have completed your research, you begin to construct your paper. A good habit to get into when writing is to create a detailed outline of your paper. You can elect to submit a course outline in Week 5 that will show the various sections that your paper will have. This is an optional assignment, but if you turn it in, your instructor will be able to provide feedback. The outline should look something such as the following.
- Opening Research Question
- Purpose of Paper
- Summary of Idea
- Main Idea #1
- Supporting Idea X
- Supporting Idea Y
- â€¦and so forth
- Your Final Paper is due in Week 7. This should reflect graduate-level writing and research, and your paper must be in APA format. As you turn in your polished paper, be sure that you have citations throughout the paper that are synthesized into a well-organized and cohesive document.
- This paper should be at least 10 pages in length.
- Good luck!