Case Study 1: Ethics and Local Governance
—Due Week 3 and worth 50 points
Read the case titled “ Local Governance,” located at http://www.information-age.com/channels/information-management/it-case-studies/1666438/local-governance.thtml.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Identify and describe two (2) potential ethics issues associated with the consolidation of citizen records in the London Borough of Bren. Also, based on the decisions made, compare and contrast any ethics differences had this issue occurred in the U.S. and not the U.K.
- Support your selections with evidence from the case itself and any other readings you may have completed.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline why the Information Assurance and Security perspective needs to pervade all aspects of information technology.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in society and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, and war.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.