Based on Zoura case, there are questiones we need to answer. There is no right or wrong answers.
Theme A: Impact of Cloud to Business Model & Business Operations (3 points)
1. Identify from the case and elaborate on 2-3 business operations challenges which are
unique to (a) a company such as Zuora in becoming a cloud provider, and (b) a
traditional software company in becoming a SaaS provider such as some off Zuoraâ€™s
(Hint: Examine in the case for dynamics around cost structure and revenue in light of
Theme B: Summing it up: Take a position (5 points)
The case ends with Zuora considering three possible scenarios:
â€¢ Scenario 1 â€“ Continue to focus on billing for the SaaS industry
â€¢ Scenario 2 â€“ Expand to capture the broader cloud computing trend
â€¢ Scenario 3 â€“ Grow big fast and try to capture the broader subscription opportunity
1. Arrive at your independent recommendation on which of the 3 scenarios should Zuora
take â€“ in the 2009 time frame the case is set. Provide your reasoning.
2. Determine from current Zuora web site, company/industry analysis, and other sources
which of these paths (or other) did Zuora actually end up.
Theme B: (5 points)
1. Zuora & Zipcar: The case alludes to Zipcar, the car-sharing service, as an example
â€œofflineâ€ company in the â€œsubscription economyâ€. Draw and accompany a brief narrative
of the sequence flow between a user of Zipcar and its use of Zuora services.
2. Trivia: We discussed early in the semester that cloud is causing a reordering of the
software stack. According to facts cited in the case, what dollar value of the worldwide
software stack was projected for 2011.