Assignment 2: Income Support Policies
In this assignment, you must examine the philosophical underpinnings of the economic system and its relationship to ethics and social justice by examining income support policies. You will also view the socially constructed ways of developing and distributing resources and implementing societal values. You will examine the “problem of justice” by considering the following:
- The distribution of goods and services
- An individual’s share in goods and services
- The allocation of rights and duties
Research income support policies using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
Select two policies for examination from the list that follows. You can select from other types of income support policies; however, be sure to submit your choices to the facilitator for validation before continuing with this assignment.
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Then, compare and contrast the selected income support policies. Address the following:
- List and describe each income support policy’s target population, means of funding, and intended outcomes.
- Explain the positions a conservative politician or commentator, and a liberal politician would take on the policy. Address anything they might have in common ideologically and also describe their differences.
- Give reasons and examples in support of your analysis.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, September 21, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M2: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Listed and described each income support policy’s target population, means of funding, and intended outcomes demonstrating in-depth research.||
|Explained each policy from the perspective of conservative politician or commentator, and a liberal politician.||
|Gave valid reasons and well-researched examples in support of assertions.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||