Assignment: Electronic Media Influence – Part 1
Look at any timeline showing the history of electronic media and consider which forms of media have been around longer than others. While some form of electronic media, and even digital media, has been in existence for longer than many people think, the speed at which electronic media have developed in the past 20 or 25 years has been remarkable. Can human development keep up with digital media development?
This Assignment consists of a 3- to 4-page paper composed of Parts 1 and 2. For this week, you will complete Part 1. For this Part 1, you will research and find a scholarly article that examines an electronic medium of your choosing. You will then develop a visual timeline of its development. As you analyze this electronic medium, you will further examine its impact on human behavior and development.
To Prepare for this Assignment:
- Select one of the following forms of electronic media:
- Social media
- Search the Internet and the Walden library for an article related to the development of the electronic media you selected
- Review the Timeline Template found in this week’s Learning Resources
- Consider how the availability of this medium affected human behavior and development
For this Part 1 of your Assignment:
Use the Timeline template from this week’s Learning Resources to develop a timeline of the electronic media you selected by recording 5–10 key milestones of the electronic media’s development. Use the timeline to write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:
- Explain the historical relevance of the electronic media you selected in relation to human behavior and development
- Analyze and explain how electronic media’s development and evolution have impacted you personally
- Analyze and explain how electronic media’s development and evolution might impact you as a developmental psychology professional
Include at least one scholarly citation for this Part 1 of your paper. Use proper APA format and citations.
Submit your Electronic Media Influence Assignment, Parts 1 and 2 in Week 2.
Electronic Media Influence, Part 1
Complete the table below to create a timeline of the electronic media you selected. Record 5-10 key milestones or events of the electronic media’s development to create a timeline.
Electronic Media (circle one): Telephone, Radio, TV, Internet, Social Media
Based on the resources you located, record below how the media’s availability affected human behavior and development. Then analyze and explain how the electronic media’s development and evolution have impacted you personally and might impact you as a developmental psychology professional.