Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement. Using one of the following documents, describe the two (2) international events involving the US military from the past five (5) years you investigated that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War
- Marshall Planâ€”George Marshall
- Alfred Thayer Mahanâ€™s theory of the Navy
- Roosevelt Corollaryâ€”Theodore Roosevelt
- Truman Doctrineâ€”Harry Truman
- Bush Doctrineâ€”George W. Bush
- Message on Warâ€”Woodrow Wilson
- Four Freedomsâ€”Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Discuss two (2) international events involving the US military from the past five (5) years that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
- Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that has led to the USâ€™s rise as a world super power policeman.
- Identify three (3) international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
- Determine three (3) driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents you outlined previously. (Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the rise of the United States to a world â€œsuperpowerâ€ and how that status has shaped its internal developments in recent decades.
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.