1. How many packets are in a TCP handshake? Please list the 3 packets
2. Can you explain stateful firewall?
3. What protocol does ping use?
4. What is the difference between ARP table and MAC table?
5. Is area 0 required in OSPF?
6. Is it OK or NOT OKAY for an OSPF device to be in a 2-way neighbor state?
7. What is the difference between active FTP and passive FTP?
8. Traceroute is a program that can be used to determine how many router hops there are between the source and the destination. Windows uses ICMP while Unix uses UDP. What mechanism is used to provide the router hop count?
9. When a packet passes through a router, what fields in the Ethernet frame of packet are changed?
10. Assume that we have an Ethernet switch with 48 ports. All ports are in the same VLAN. Nothing special is configured on the switch. If we connect a network packet sniffer to a random port on the switch and start capturing packets, what will we see?
11. When trying to ping Google DNS server (188.8.131.52) from a PC, what would be the destination MAC address and destination IP address of the ICMP packet?
- (Multiple Choice – Choose two)
- MAC address of Google DNS server
- MAC address of switch
- MAC address of default gateway
- IP address of Google DNS server
- IP address of default gateway
- IP address of ISP.
- (Follow up question) How does the PC learn the destination MAC address of (candidate selection from above (Either A, B, or C))?